No phone calls or walk-ins accepted.
Please email or fax all resumes.
Email – email@example.com
Fax – 228-436-3641
The Ohr-O’Keefe Museum of Art offers unpaid internships for college students or recent graduates interested in careers in the arts. Participants will be exposed to the inner-workings of an art museum and gain practical and theoretical training in museum work in a specific area of interest or field of study.
Ohr-O’Keefe Museum of Art
Job Title: Building Maintenance
Reports to: Assistant Director; Director of Facility & Security
Job Status: Part Time (up to 30 hours weekly)
Nights and Weekends Required: Some
Maintenance personnel are responsible for maintaining and beautification of grounds, performing routine and preventative building maintenance tasks.
- Performs regular and preventative building maintenance, grounds maintenance, walkway maintenance, and museum beautification.
- Responds to emergency maintenance requests as required.
- Maintains an inventory of facilities supplies, equipment and materials.
- Ensures the Museum is in compliance with OSHA standards, identifies hazards and reports outcomes in a timely manner to the Assistant Director.
- Inspects buildings and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions and needed repair.
- Completes daily, weekly and monthly checklists on building equipment maintenance procedures and maintains records of scheduled maintenance procedures.
- Obtain estimates for supplies, repair parts and orders parts as needed.
- In conjunction with the Curator, Assistant Director, and Facilities Director to assists with the emergency preparedness plan and participates in its annual review.
- Helps with facilities set up for events and program needs.
- Performs custodial duties as needed.
- Supports Galleries as needed.
- Performs other tasks as may be assigned by Assistant Director.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proactive – Works efficiently without close supervision
- Works well as a member of a team
- Highly organized
- Strong communication and collaboration abilities
- Maintains a professional demeanor
- Demonstrates knowledge and good judgment in matters of Museum policy and procedures.
- Follows through to completion of assigned tasks.
- Understanding of general electrical, plumbing and carpentry processes and components
Physical Tasks & Working Conditions:
- Works in an outdoor and indoor environment; with occasional exposure to unpleasant environmental conditions. Tasks require physical labor, exposure to dust and cleaning chemicals. Requires ability to lift a maximum of 50 lbs. and wear personal protective equipment.
Two years experience; or, an equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved Maintenance position requires high school diploma or G.E.D.